What’s Happening at Willow Run
You know golf season is here when The Masters is on TV and you’re hearing that wonderful theme song by Dave Loggins. With that in mind, we thought it was time for an update on the progress at Willow Run.
We’re moving full-steam ahead on our brand new 16,000 sq. ft. clubhouse with restaurant, bar, pro-shop, two decks overlooking the golf course and a banquet room that seats up to 200.
The fitness center will be 6,000 sq. ft. with a group classroom, pool and jacuzzi. I must say it looks AWESOME!
Everything is on schedule and we cannot wait to get everyone out to see it!
Along with the clubhouse we will be doing some extensive improvements to the golf course. These are the projects we will be working on this Spring:
- Renovating the driving range to increase the length while improving the drainage. The range will consist of a fairway with four target greens along the side of the fairways.
- A brand-new three hole practice area that will be located between 17, 18 and the driving range.
- Storm detention pond between holes 7 and 8.
- Clearing out all of the trees on the right side of the creek on hole 17 to create a split-fairway.
- New cart paths on holes 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17 and 18.
- New restrooms on hole 6 and between holes 12 and 13
- New tee boxes on holes 1, 8, 10 and 17
- Adding three bunkers behind hole 9 green.
- Extensive landscaping around the clubhouse to enhance the esthetics of holes 1, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- Most of the course will be sodded with some areas that we will seed.
With all of these renovations to the golf course and clubhouse, we feel it is best to let the contractors have complete access to the course with no interruptions.
We have set our target date to open the golf course on June 1st. The driving range and short game area will be closer to July 1st.
This project is going to elevate Willow Run to be one of the best facilities in the region. We want our members and their guests to experience Willow Run at its entirety.
Bakker Crossing, Central Valley, Dell Rapids and all affiliate golf courses are great options to play while Willow Run is shut down. We improved the cart paths at Central Valley and built restrooms in the area of holes 3, 5, 13 and 15. Dell Rapids is open with cart paths and came through the winter very well.
We are sorry for any inconvenience, but trust me it will be worth the wait!
Jason Sudenga, Director of Golf