Men’s Match Play
Willow Run hosts a 2-Man Match Play League on Wednesday nights.
- 28 Two-Man Teams
- Players from previous year have first preference
- League starts May 1st, thru Aug 21st. (16 weeks)
- Competition: Individual 9-hole Match Play.
- Points awarded per hole, 1 for win, 1/2 for tie, 9 points total
- +1 point for total 9-hole win. Total 20 points each 2-man team.
- Teams will be divided into 2 flights according to team handicaps
- Each team will play teams in your flight once.
- Handicaps: all players including subs MUST have a USGA Handicap. Any player or sub without a USGA handicap will play match at -0- handicap. Players will get 80% of your handicap to calculate strokes awarded to individual matches. Low handicap player will play at scratch and his opponent plays the difference from his opponent handicap. Maximum handicap index 27.0
- Tees: All players play Blue Tees except 80 year and older play White Tees
- Rain-out rounds will not be made up, you play that schedule opponent the following week.
- Substitutes: All teams are responsible for finding a sub. Pro Shop will have a list of substitutes’ available, please contact them and let pro shop know before noon who will be your sub that day.
- Please avoid last minute subs all scorecards will be printed and dotted by noon on play days. All non-member subs will pay green fees and cart fees if riding. If a team cannot play they forfeit the match and receive -0- points and their opponents receive 7 points each total 14 points.
- Last two weeks (Aug. 14th and Aug. 21st) will be a season ending Two-Man Challenge. Playing true two-man best ball, front-9 August 14th and back-9 August 21st. Flights for the Two-Man Challenge will be based on final tournament results. After play on the 21st, there will be a meal and awards ceremony for both league and two-man challenge results.
MAY: 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
JUNE: 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
JULY: 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st (no league July 3rd)
AUGUST: 7th, 14th, 21st
- USGA Handicap (must have an active handicap to participate) – $35.00
- If you already have a handicap you do not have to pay for another.
- Entry Fee for League: $95.00
- Includes: 14-weeks of league play, Two-Man Challenge year end event, and steak dinner with one draft beer at end of year awards ceremony.
- Total (handicap included): $130.00
- NEW FOR 2019!!
- Two-man Challenge will be a two week event (August 14th & August 21st) playing 9-holes each week. The format for the event will be a true 2-man best ball. After playing the front-9 on August 14th, flights will be determined based off of front-9 results. Those flights will stay for the back-9 part of the competition being played August 21st. There will be payouts for each flight based on both back and front 9 results as well as an overall 18-hole champion! Results will be announced at the league awards ceremony being held after play on August 21st.
- We need alternates to substitute. Non-Member alternates will pay regular green fees & cart fees.
Click HERE for 2019 results
Click HERE for 2018 results